Deadline: 17 August 2020
The Minister of Climate, as the Operator of the Programme “Environment, Energy and Climate Change” announces a call for proposals for co-financing of projects aimed at “The implementation of green and blue infrastructure in cities” to be financed from the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
The main aim of the Call for Proposals, intended to co-finance projects in the programme area Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation shall be to enhance the resilience of cities to the adverse impacts of climate change and adaptation to climate change by implementing investment projects in the scope of green and blue infrastructure in cities with fewer than 90,000 inhabitants.
The implementation of the projects shall contribute to strengthening the resilience of cities to the adverse impacts of climate change, raising the public awareness of climate change issues and reducing greenhouse gas emissions at the level of local communities.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The objective scope of projects may include the implementation of measures related to:
- increasing the surface of green areas in cities (including the so-called green infrastructure), which support the city ventilation processes, promote green corridors, prevent fragmentation of cities, improve ecosystem functions and their services and enhance the surface of biologically active areas in cities;
- capturing and managing rainwater on the site where it falls or in its close vicinity, the so-called green and blue infrastructure, which promote a network of natural and semi-natural solutions increasing retention, including small water retention, reduce local inundations and minimise the flood risk;
- reducing the impact of the urban heat island effect and improving the microclimate in cities by expanding green areas which contribute to lower temperatures and reduced energy consumption in buildings, e.g., by using collected rainwater to irrigate green roofs and walls;
- eliminating soil compacting and sealing by using water permeable surfaces;
- countering threats posed by flood and drought, mitigating the impacts of heat waves and the urban heat island effect in cities and/or taking action to minimise threats caused in urban areas by extreme weather events;
- reducing emissions of greenhouse gases such as transition e.g. towards electromobility, development of sustainable means of transport, enhancement of the role of cities in reducing food waste.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Minimum grant amount: EUR 500,000
- Maximum grant amount: EUR 2,300,000
- Amount allocated to the Call for Proposals: EUR 23,029,413
Types of Project
The call shall support municipalities’ implementation of strategies to mitigate and adapt to climate change. Applicants may apply for funding for measures to increase resilience to climate change and measures to reduce emissions from e.g. transport or other sectors, including revitalisation and creation of green areas and improved water management such as water retention. A project application shall contain educational and awareness measures as integrated parts of the project proposal.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The projects selected within the scope of this call will contribute to achieving the Programme’s Outcome 1: “Ability of local communities to reduce emissions and adapt to a changing climate increased” and Output 1.1 “Measures for climate change mitigation and adaptation on municipal level implemented”
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
The following entities are eligible applicants and may apply for grants as part of the Call for Proposals:
- local government units with population below 90 000 inhabitants, (as well as their unions, entities providing public services as part of the implementation of territorial government units’ own tasks)
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs) as defined in Article 1.6(n) of the Regulation on the implementation of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
- Projects submitted in partnership with an entity from the Donor States (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein) will receive additional points in accordance with the merit criteria.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.pl/web/climate/announcement-of-a-call-for-proposals6
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.