Within the framework of the European Union/Council of Europe Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey II – action on “Strengthening the human rights protection of migrants and victims of human trafficking in Turkey”, the Council of Europe is launching a call for proposals for raising awareness on child trafficking and/or trafficking for the purpose of labour exploitation in Turkey.
The proposed applications shall be focusing on awareness raising activities among children, parents and caretakers, women, the professionals of child protection, health and education on child trafficking, labourers, trade unions, chambers of commerce and industry, disadvantaged and vulnerable groups like migrants and asylum seekers on trafficking.
Action HF 30 plans to deliver five (5) grants on awareness raising in the following fields (an application could cover one or more of those fields):
- Child trafficking of all forms including sexual exploitation and/or child labour and/or forced marriages
- Trafficking for the purpose of labour exploitation particularly for the groups of migrants, women and /or children
- The indicative available budget under this call for proposals is 125 000 Euros (hundred and twenty -five thousand Euros) in total. The Council of Europe intends to award 5 (five) grants of up to a maximum amount of 25 000 Euros (twenty-five thousand Euros) each.
- A grantee cannot be entitled to receive more than one grant amounting of maximum 25 000 Euros in the scope of HF II Actions in Turkey.
- The implementation period of the projects should start on 10 June 2021 and shall not extend beyond 31 December 2021.
- Reporting requirements shall be completed on 31 January 2022 at the latest.
Means of Actions
Proposals may include:
- Public campaign, advertising.
- Social media and web interactive pages accessible to all, YouTube videos.
- Brochures, billboards, posters, leaflets.
- Artistic outputs (e.g., a theatre play, a video campaign, cartoons, exhibitions, a music concert and other artistic expression).
- A public outreach to individuals at risk (organisation of public meetings, distribution of informative materials).
- Any other means of action compatible with the aims of HF30 Action.
- Children (preferably primary and high school children),
- parents and caretakers, women,
- the professionals of child protection, health and education on child trafficking,
- trade unions,
- chambers of commerce and industry,
- disadvantaged and vulnerable groups like migrants and asylum-seekers.
In order to be eligible for a grant, an applicant must:
- be legally constituted.
- be entitled to carry out in the Republic of Turkey activities described in its grant proposal;
- have sufficient capacity (stable and sufficient sources) to maintain its activity throughout the period for which the grant is awarded and to participate by way of its own resources (including human resources or in-kind contributions);
- have sufficient operational and professional capacity, including staff, to carry out activities described in its project proposal;
- have a bank account.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3rZkMAT