Deadline: 2 September 2019
ASTRA, with the financial support of the European Union, is implementing the third phase of the BAN III – The Balkans ACT (Against Crime of Trafficking) Now! Regional project, under which it announced this call for proposals for sub-grant projects.
The third phase of the project is primarily focused on strengthening cooperation with institutions and institutionalizing and adopting a Monitoring Instrument, which will enable objective and responsible monitoring of the quality of assistance and protection services for victims of trafficking in human beings, with the aim of building and strengthening the capacity of existing and future offices of the national rapporteur on trafficking people.
The overall objective of this Call for Proposals is to support the strengthening of participatory democracy in Serbia and the process of European integration, by enhancing the impact of civil society organizations (CSOs) on the processes of protecting victims of trafficking in human beings, as well as empowering them and strengthening the capacity to establish effective cooperation with relevant state institutions.
The sub-grants awarded will contribute to strengthening the capacity of small CSOs to collect and analyze data in order to report and monitor the implementation of anti-trafficking and victim protection policies, but also enable them to be directly involved in combating human trafficking at the local, national and regional levels.
One of the specific objectives of the project is capacity building and empowerment of local civil society organizations (CSOs) in Serbia to engage in the fight against human trafficking.
To this end, ASTRA invites interested CSOs to submit project proposals related to the system of prevention and suppression of trafficking in human beings in one of two thematic sections:
- List and analysis of social care services available to local communities
- Mapping and analyzing the cooperation of state institutions in local communities
- This Call for Proposals foresees the allocation of a total amount of € 10,000 to civil society organizations in the territory of the Republic of Serbia.
- The amount of funding that can be approved for individual projects under this call for proposals will range up to a maximum of € 2,500.
All activities must be implemented at the local level, in the territory of one or more local self-government units in the Republic of Serbia.
The planned start of the realization of the activities is the second half of September 2019, while the timeframe for the implementation of the project is 31 December 2019.
In order to be eligible for the grant, the applicant must:
- civil society organization registered in Serbia, active for at least 3 years;
- which allocation amount will not exceed more than 40% of annual turnover for 2018;
- having a reputation, capacity and ability to carry out the proposed activities;
- be directly responsible for the preparation and implementation of the project;
- whose work is in line with the standards of the European Union as a donor, but also with the work of partner organizations on the project;
- dedicated to combating trafficking in human beings and other forms of discrimination and human rights abuses.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals and the required documentation at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.astra.rs/javni-poziv-za-podnosenje-predloga-projekata-za-dodelu-sredstava-u-okviru-projekta-ban-iii/