The CFLI is a program designed to support small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. The program is directed at projects conceived and designed predominantly by local partners. In the Palestinian Territories, projects are selected and approved by the Representative Office of Canada in Ramallah.
In this context, the CFLI also serves to support positive relations between Canada, and Palestinians, by deepening contacts and supporting local civil society and its endeavours.
This year, all projects must align with at least one of the following overall CFLI thematic priorities:
- gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
In addition, successful proposals must also advance at least one of the following three objectives established by the Representative Office of Canada:
- broadening civic and political space (including creating and expanding opportunities for political civic and political participation for women, youth, and/or marginalized voices);
- preparing the ground for a resumption of peace negotiations; or
- defending and promoting the rules-based international order (including human rights).
- Preference will be given to proposals that demonstrate solid risk mitigation strategies for the safe and effective delivery of programming in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The average CFLI contribution is $15,000 to $30,000 Canadian Dollars (CAD$50,000 is the maximum allocation amount for a project eligible under CFLI).
Eligible recipients include:
- Local, national or community-based organization (non-governmental and not-for-profit)
The majority of CFLI funding is to be directed toward local civil society organizations (including non-governmental organizations) and other institutions working at the local level. The CFLI is always looking to fund innovative projects that deliver measurable results.
For more information, visit https://www.international.gc.ca/world-monde/funding-financement/cfli-fcil/2020/ramallah.aspx?lang=eng