UN Women has launched a call for proposals for the third round of the “EU 4 Gender Equality: Together against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence” to address civil society organizations of six Eastern Partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) promoting gender equality, women’s empowerment, prevention and combating gender-based violence.
The proposals will contribute to addressing and shifting gender stereotypes and adverse social norms as the underlying causes of gender inequality and violence against women as its most pervasive form. The initiatives, supported through this Call for Proposals, will be complementary to the activities implemented by UN Women and UNFPA under the joint project “EU 4 Gender Equality: Together against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence” project, funded by the European Union” in six project countries.
Through this Call for Proposal, UN Women within the “EU4Gender Equality: Together against gender stereotypes and gender-based violence” project, implemented jointly with UNFPA and funded by the EU, intends to sign Partner Agreements (PAs) with civil society organizations (non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, women’s organizations, faith-based organizations etc.) from six project countries to act as Responsible Parties for initiatives that will contribute to the fulfilling of the following output of the joint project.
The budget range for this proposal should fall between a minimum indicative amount of USD 60,000 and a maximum amount of USD 100,000.
- The foreseen starting date of the project is 1 August 2022.
- The implementation period – 6 months (can be extended depending on the funding availability)
The proponents are invited to submit proposals to be implemented in the EU focus regions in project countries listed below:
- Armenia – Tavush, Shirak and Lori marzes.
- Azerbaijan – across the country.
- Belarus – across the country.
- Georgia – Guria and Imereti (and the capital Tbilisi).
- Moldova – Straseni and Falesti.
- Ukraine – Kyiv and Odessa (municipalities); Vinnytsia
To be considered, proponents must meet all the mandatory criteria.
- Technical/functional competencies required:
- At least 3 years of documented successful track record in the area of work contained in this Terms of Reference.
- Proven in-house expertise in working on issues around gender equality, women empowerment, ending violence against women and children, combating gender stereotypes and harmful social norms, as well as delivering results in it. It is recommended to have a gender expert/specialist as part of the team.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management of projects with similar size to the one submitted under this Call.
- Knowledge of English is mandatory. Russian is an asset.
- The following competencies are considered an asset in proponents’ performance:
- Good knowledge of gender equality and women’s rights issues, as well as needs of vulnerable groups of women;
- Experience in establishing and nurturing partnerships with local public authorities, non-governmental, media and other stakeholders towards the achieving of set goals;
- Experience in working at regional level, coordinating the cross-country work
For more information, visit https://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/programme-implementation/2022/06/unw-eca-cfp-2022-001-eu-4-gender-equality-third-round