Enabel has announced a call for proposals for the recruitment of NGOs for the implementation of actions aimed at strengthening rights and changing behavior in matters of sexual and reproductive health in Benin.
The program covers the departments of Atlantique and Couffo and the para-port area at Cotonou in the Littoral. The targeted targets are mainly adolescents and school children and out of school, and women of childbearing age.
As part of the implementation of the intervention, P @ SRIS plans to entrust the execution of a part of its activities to third-party organizations in the form of grants. These are activities of advocacy, social mobilization, and communication aimed at behavior change favorable to access to SRHR.
General objective: This call for proposals aims to select NGOs with proven expertise in the field rights and access to sexual and reproductive health (DSSR) for the execution of actions that can contribute to the specific objective 1 of the program, namely that the rights and access to quality sexual and reproductive health are strengthened ”in the intervention departments of the P @ SRIS. More specifically, the actions will make it possible to achieve result 1 of this objective specifically worded as follows: “a global, adapted and modern Communication strategy for Behavior Change (BCC) relating to SRHR improving autonomous decision-making of holders of rights over their sexual and reproductive lives is implemented”.
The specific objective (s) of this call for proposals are:
- Promote and develop the regulatory and institutional framework governing rights and reproductive sexual health so that it is more favorable to the enjoyment of the rights of adolescents, young people and all other people
- Increase relevant information and the quality of SRHR-related services and capacities targets to benefit from in the intervention departments of P @ SRIS
- Increase access to information and quality services on SRHR in general and STIs / HIV to sex workers and their partners and other vulnerable targets in the port and para-port area.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is a maximum of one million (1,000,000) EUR. The contracting authority reserves the right not to allocate all available funds.
- Lot 1: Political and strategic advocacy for the evolution of the regulatory and institutional framework on SRHR: 150,000 EUR
- Lot 2: Communication for a change of behaviors (CCC) on DSSRs at the zone level (para) port: 150,000 EUR
- Lot 3: Communication for a change of behaviors (CCC) and service offered on SRHR in school and learning environments: 400,000 EUR
- Lot 4: Communication for a change of behaviors (CCC) and service offered on SRHRat community level: 300,000 EUR
As part of the Benino-Belgian cooperation program for the period 2019-2023, the Belgian Agency de Développement (Enabel) aims to contribute to the development and economic stability, social and security situation in Benin and to actively work for equal rights and opportunities for all layers of the population. The implementation of this ambition is broken down through three (03) pillars:
- Pillar 1: “Support for the development of promising value-added chains (CVA) and entrepreneurship in the field of agro-business”
- Pillar 2: “Support for the development of the (para) port sector”
- Pillar 3: “Promotion of rights and access to sexual and reproductive health (DSSR) /Digitization and use of data (health data)
The third pillar concerns support to the health sector and mainly aims (i) to promote Rights and access to sexual and reproductive health (SRHR) of women, children and youth and (ii) to strengthen social accountability, informed decision-making and strategic steering in the sector health based on a digital system of integrated, accessible and high-quality data. This Pillar will be implemented through a program called the Sexual Health Support Program and Reproductive and Health Information (P @ SRIS) which has two (2) axes interventions:
- Axis 1: Strengthening rights and access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (DSSR)
- Axis 2: Strengthening social accountability, informed decision-making and steering strategic based on a digital system of integrated, accessible and quality data
Results expected at the end of the grant implementation period are as follows:
- The regulatory and legislative framework for DSSR in Benin is known to stakeholders and advocacy strategies and actions are developed to promote the application of texts and regulations
- The limits of the regulatory and legislative framework in force in relation to the enjoyment of DSSR for adolescents, youth and FAP are identified and changes desired are the subject of advocacy to groups of policymakers
- DSSR services and behavioral changes favorable to DSSR among young people and adolescents in schools and learning environments are promoted and services local adaptations are in place;
- Relevant actions are developed at the community level in favor of access to DSSR
- Favorable perception of sexual diversity and tolerance towards LGBTI people marginalized have been increased
To be eligible for grants, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Be a legal person; and
- Be a private non-profit actor or a foundation; and
- Be a non-governmental organization (NGO). ; and
- Be established or represented in the Republic of Benin; and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the (s) co-applicant (s) and not act as an intermediary.
For more information, visit https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-grants