Deadline: 2 December 2019
The Japan Foundation Center for Global Partnership (CGP) is seeking applications for its “Grant Program: Grassroots Program” to strengthen the global U.S.-Japan partnership and cultivating the next generation of public intellectuals and leaders necessary to sustain this partnership.
The maximum funding of this opportunity is typically $50,000 per year.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
CGP will support US-Japan networking and outreach proposals that fall into the following categories:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Establishing national and/or regional networks in the field of US-Japan exchange and outreach;
- Promote the capacity building and the program development of national and/or regional centers or their member organizations which aims to enhance US-Japan exchange and outreach activities;
- Promote the understanding of contemporary issues/topics of Japan including, but not limited to, social entrepreneurship, disaster recovery and prevention, popular culture, aging society, and sports. Such issues/topics can be explored through trainings, exchange, conferences, teacher workshops, and educational outreach on Japan, including but not limited to, development of curricula or teaching materials, etc.
- Demonstration of national and/or regional tangible outcomes and impact;
- Innovative, creative, and new approaches such as the utilization of digital media and technology that possess (ensures) secured and high-quality contents;
- Attention towards underserved areas of the Midwest, South, and Mountain states as well as non-traditional audiences that have not been previously exposed to Japanese culture and topics.
- Possess highly collaborative partnerships between U.S. and Japan (i.e., projects containing strong collaboration between U.S. and Japan-based organizations or with U.S.-Japan related organizations).
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Only submissions from U.S. organizations with 501(c)(3) status will be accepted.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Proposals should be submitted by mail or other postal delivery services at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: United States
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.cgp.org/grant_grassroots_program