The City of Saskatoon is encouraging for Jack Adilman Fund Capital Grant for Sports to support the advancement of amateur sports at a recreation level within Saskatoon, through one time capital projects.
Jack Adilman, 1920-1992, prominent businessman, sportsman, and tireless supporter of amateur sports in Saskatoon has provided, through his estate, a bequest that will continue to support amateur sports organizations.
- Allocated funds are to be used for the advancement of amateur sports at a recreational level within Saskatoon, for projects that are not otherwise funded by the City.
- Capital expenditures;
- Asset acquisition;
- A onetime special circumstances grant to meet a significant and demonstrated need for the Saskatoon amateur sports community.
- The minimum grant available is $5,000; the maximum grant available is $200,000;
- Funding will be provided for up to 75% of eligible costs;
- The grant process is competitive; there is no guarantee that an applicant will receive funding;
- Only one application per deadline will be considered from a given organization;
- Partnerships between sporting organizations are encouraged.
Costs associated with:
- Facility upgrades, enhancements and new facilities; and
- Major equipment purchases.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for support, your organization must:
- be a registered non-profit sports organization whose primary mandates is to deliver amateur sports in Saskatoon;
- Be registered as a non-profit corporation federally or with Information Services Corporation (ICS) in Saskatchewan. A Saskatoon chapter of a provincial or national organization not incorporated in its own right can apply for funding if contact information and documentation for the provincial or national parent organization is provided. Grant payment is made to the incorporated organization;
- have been incorporated and in existence for a minimum of one year; and
- have $5,000,000 liability and participant insurance for the proposed project(s).
For more information, visit https://www.saskatoon.ca/community-culture-heritage/arts-grants/grants