The Cultural Fund invests in people and projects that meet its objectives to:
- Protect – writers and publishers’ ability to earn revenue from their works;
- Support – the creation and production of new works and assist the commercial success of New Zealand works;
- Grow – the number of works created and skills in the industry.
- In 2023, an allocation of $75,000 is available.
- Applications are invited for projects that have clearly defined and measurable project outcomes that align with the Cultural Fund’s objectives, including projects that:
- Develop the professional skills of writers, including those who write for an education audience
- Seek to grow export markets for New Zealand published content
- Demonstrate innovation in the creation and distribution of NZ published content
- Use online platforms to enhance the profile of New Zealand publishing and/or published content, including to international/export markets
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand based organisations.
- Applications for projects that involve several organisations or individuals are welcome. When making a collaborative application, applicants are asked to name one party as a lead applicant.
- Applicants may make more than one application and may apply for more than one project.
- The number of successful projects will vary from year-to year and will depend on the individual merits of the applications received and the recommendations of the CLNZ Contestable Fund Selection Panel. In the event that any portion of the available funding is not allocated, this will be added to the funding pool available for the following years’ Contestable Fund.
- Applicants are asked to set out the funding requirements of their project in their application. All successful applicants will have demonstrated a clear case for the amount of funding sought in their application, including a project budget. The funding requested should be appropriate for the scale and reach of the project and take into account contributions from any partners or other funders. Please note that successful applicants may not be granted the full amount applied for.
- Submissions for entries must be made online and are open from 14 September until 4pm 12 October 2023. Once your entry has been submitted, your application cannot be edited.
- The selection panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any attempt to contact members of the selection panel will render the application ineligible. It is not possible to provide individual feedback to applicants.
- Successful recipients will be contacted directly, announced in November and published on the website and social media pages. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised via email to the address supplied.
For more information, visit CLNZ.