Through the YEP Grants program, the Community Foundation supports organizations and projects that improve the quality of life for youth in DeKalb County, IL. Projects considered for funding must be dedicated to the community, directly involve youth, and promote youth empowerment and leadership.
As a youth led program of the DeKalb County Community Foundation, Youth Engaged in Philanthropy provides opportunities for youth from all across DeKalb County. Members attend monthly youth led meetings to build leadership skills, learn about nonprofits in DeKalb County, and become life-long philanthropists. Each year, the pinnacle of YEP is the grant allocation meeting in April.
Be a Youth Initiative
- Youth must be directly involved in the development and/or implementation of the project. Projects may occur in the areas of Arts & Culture, Community Development, Education, Environment & Animal Welfare, or Health & Human Services. Preference will be given to innovative programs or projects.
- Grant awards are limited to a maximum of $2,500 per project.
Respect Equal Opportunity
- Projects must respect diversity and inclusiveness.
Dedicated to Community
- The project must be in response to a legitimate need in the community and benefit youth in DeKalb County.
- Applicants must have a nonprofit fiscal sponsor and demonstrate a realistic plan with a clear set of goals.
- Applicants will need to report any alterations of their project plans after submission of the application and the changes will need to be approved by the YEP committee.
- Applicants should be willing to meet with YEP representatives either as part of the application process or for a site visit to evaluate the project
- Applicants will be expected to complete a grant report on the success of the project.
Show Promotion of the 40 Developmental Assets
- The projects must be consistent with the YEP’s dedication to youth empowerment, promotion of youth leadership, and the strengthening of youth involvement in the DeKalb County community as reflected in the Search Institute’s Developmental Assets™ framework. The grant application requires knowledge of the 40 Developmental Assets™.
- Nonprofit and community organizations are invited to apply for a YEP Grant, up to $2,500, for programs and projects that impact youth in DeKalb County.
- During this meeting, members are responsible for allocating approximately $12,000 to nonprofits with youth serving programs and projects in DeKalb County.
For more information, visit https://dekalbccf.org/receive/grant-programs/yep-grants/