The U.S. Embassy Public Diplomacy Section announces an open competition for organizations to submit a statement of interest (SOI) to carry out projects that foster the development and education of civil society in Moldova under the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program.
The Democracy Commission program is a focused yet flexible mechanism that provides funding for unique, and sustainable projects. The selection of the projects is based on the applicants’ ability to demonstrate concrete achievements that can show impact in a given field or specific community.
- To enhance citizen engagement in advocating for accountable governance, on specific issues.
- To develop more inclusive communities, particularly those that advance the role of minorities, women, LGBTQI+ persons, and persons with disabilities.
- Project proposals must address at least one of the following themes:
- Promoting of minority rights and full participation in the political process.
- Advancing women’s rights and full participation in the political process and economic/business/technological fields.
- Supporting efforts to recognize and support LGBTQI+ persons.
- Building awareness and support for persons with disabilities to include their voices in urban design, accessibility, and inclusion.
- Length of performance period: 36 months
- Number of awards anticipated: 2 awards, depending on availability of funding.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $10,000 to a maximum of $100,000
- Total available funding: $100,000
- Type of Funding: FY21/22 AEECA Funds under the Foreign Assistance Act
- Anticipated award start date: March 1, 2023
Priority Region: The Embassy will give priority to projects implemented outside of the major cities of Moldova.
Participants and Audiences: Implementing partners should have a balanced gender approach and involve minorities and other marginalized groups in its activities to the extent possible. Applicant organizations are encouraged to extend programming and reach audiences in the Transnistrian and Gagauz regions of Moldova.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations registered officially in the Republic of Moldova.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=344401