Deadline: 27 February 2020
The Department of Health and Human Services, Centres for Disease Control is seeking applications for its Quality Facility and Community-Based HIV Prevention, Case Finding, Care and Treatment, and Viral Suppression to Reach Epidemic Control in Cameroon under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
- Achieving primary prevention of HIV infection through activities such as expanding confidential counseling and testing programs linked with evidence based behavioral change and building programs to reduce mother-to-child transmission;
- Improving the care and treatment of HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and related opportunistic infections by improving STI management; enhancing laboratory diagnostic capacity and the care and treatment of opportunistic infections; interventions for intercurrent diseases impacting HIV infected patients including tuberculosis (TB); and initiating programs to provide anti-retroviral therapy (ART);
- Strengthening the capacity of countries to collect and use surveillance data and manage national HIV/AIDS programs by expanding HIV/STI/TB surveillance programs and strengthening laboratory support for surveillance, diagnosis, treatment, disease monitoring, and HIV screening for blood safety;
- Developing, validating, and/or evaluating public health programs to inform, improve, and target appropriate interventions, as related to the prevention, care and treatment of HIV/AIDS, TB, and opportunistic infections.
The Approximate Total Fiscal Year Funding/Average One Year Award Amount/Approximate Average Award amount for Year 1 is $60,000,000.
- Government Organizations:
- Political subdivisions of States (in consultation with States)
- Non-government Organizations:
- Alaska Native health corporations
- Tribal epidemiology centers
- Urban Indian health organizations
- Nonprofit with 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Nonprofit without 501C3 IRS status (other than institution of higher education)
- Research institutions (that will perform activities deemed as non-research)
- Colleges and Universities
- Community-based organizations
- Faith-based organizations (FBOs)
- For-profit organizations (other than small business)
- Small, minority, and women-owned businesses
- All Other
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=320105