Deadline: 24 June 2019
Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) has opened a call for proposals from LGBTQ community-based organizations and unregistered initiative groups for Small Grants program under the regional program “Right to Health”.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- To strengthen advocacy capacity of community-based organizations that represent trans people, to advocate for the right to health;
- To raise the awareness among trans people on their right to health;
- To advocate for the right to health for trans people through engagement with national and international human rights mechanisms.
Up to 8,000 EUR can be requested.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Supported projects should be implemented during 4 months between August and November 2019.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Trans people, including all cross- and sub-groups
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
Projects’ activities supported within this Small Grants Program can include but are not limited to the following:
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Advocacy activities, including media campaigns, etc.;
- Needs assessment, as a tool for advocacy activities within the proposed project;
- Data collection on stigma and discrimination and human rights violations in public sector;
- Educational activities (seminars, workshops, training sessions, development of training manuals, etc.);
- Capacity building and organizational development
- Within this Call for Proposals, ECOM invites non-governmental community-based organizations and unregistered initiative groups from the following countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, North Macedonia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, and Ukraine.
- The priority will be given to trans community based organizations and initiative groups working from within ECOM members, and to organizations and initiative groups that did not participate in ECOM’s Small Grants Program in 2017 and 2018 as independent sub-recipients or as implementing initiative groups. In addition, other things being equal, priority will be given to new organizations and initiative groups. Applications from consortia of organizations will not be supported.
Applications will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Applicant is a legal organization or an unregistered initiative group established by trans people and based in one of the following countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, North Macedonia, Moldova, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, and Ukraine;
- Meaningful involvement of trans people in the organization is confirmed (trans community representatives are among the organization’s staff and members and Board members; Articles and strategic documents of the organization explicitly define trans people as a (one of the) target group(s); the organization’s activities are aimed at trans people etc.).
- Applicant has a mechanism that ensures quality and transparent financial management (using their own structures and procedures, or a financial agent that will provide the necessary quality of financial management).
- Objectives of the proposed project correspond to the goals of this Call for Proposals.
- Proposal has a good quality of the project planning (SMART criteria).
- Applicant demonstrates access to the target group(s) of the proposed project (Facebook and/or Vkontakte groups, mailing lists, regular off-line meetings, etc.).
How to Apply
Applicants should submit full proposals online via given website.
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://ecom.ngo/en/small-grants-for-trans-initiatives-2019/