The Douglas County Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Elizabeth Schultz Environmental Fund Grants to support a wide variety of local efforts to preserve and understand nature. Projects may address the fund’s goals in scientific, cultural, educational, aesthetic or economic ways.
The Elizabeth Schultz Environmental Fund (ESEF) welcomes projects committed to the preservation and understanding of nature, and to resource conservation, especially in Douglas County, Kansas. Projects may address these goals in scientific, cultural, educational, aesthetic or economic ways.
- The maximum award is $10,000; several awards of lesser amounts may be provided in a given year.
- Awards will be made once a year.
- In a given year, no awards may be made.
- Favored projects meet the following criteria, with the most weight placed on the first three:
- Primarily benefits Douglas County residents and natural areas
- Addresses an important problem or opportunity and has a long range impact
- Supports the ESEF mission
- Produces specific outcomes
- Makes good use of human resources
- Has sufficient financial resources in addition to potential ESEF funding to complete project
- Is likely to succeed
- Proposes a realistic timeline and budget
- Is clearly and concisely described
- Note: If you are applying for funds for an educational project, make sure to describe your target audience(s). If the project is intended to be part of the K-12 curriculum in a Douglas County school, you must provide a letter of support from a school official.
- Proposal must come from a 501(c)(3) entity, tribal organization or government agency. Individuals who wish to propose projects must partner with a nonprofit organization.
- Proposal must be for work that primarily benefits residents or natural areas of Douglas County, Kansas.
- Applicant must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or national origin.
Generally, ESEF grants are not awarded for:
- Administrative or general operating expenses
- Annual campaigns
- Purchase of tickets or tables at special events
- Event sponsorships
- Fundraising events
- Lobbying or political activities
- Debt retirement
- Endowment funds
- Religious purposes
- Individual, non-charitable projects or causes.
For more information, visit https://www.dccfoundation.org/elizabeth-schultz-environmental-fund-grants.cfm