Deadline: 8 March 2019
The CFLI is a responsive, flexible programme, managed by the Embassy of Canada to Libya, out of its temporary offices in Tunis, Tunisia.
The CFLI funds- high impact, results-oriented projects which are typically proposed and implemented by local NGOs and other organisations such as local councils, cooperatives and civil society groups. This enables Canada to respond to local needs by working at the community level. Equally important, the CFLI serves to strengthen Canada’s relationships with civil society and local communities and to build networks of contacts in countries around the world.
The Embassy of Canada to Libya invites applicants to submit proposals for projects meeting one or several Government of Canada priorities listed below:
- Gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
- Inclusive governance, including diversity, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict prevention and building peace.
- Human dignity, health, education and nutrition.
- Growth that works for everyone, including women’s economic rights, decent jobs and entrepreneurship, investing in the poorest and most vulnerable, and safeguarding economic gains.
- Environment and climate action focusing on adaptation and mitigation, as well as on water management.
- Available Funding: $10,000 to $25,000 (Canadian dollars) per project.
- Term of Projects: All project activities must be completed as per the Contribution Agreement by 28 February 2020.
- The CFLI only provides contributions for project-related expenses covered by a contribution agreement. It does not cover overhead costs such as those related to the administration of an organisation, ongoing or recurring projects, large-scale construction, or general budgetary needs.
How to Apply
- Please send an email at the address given on the website to obtain the CFLI application form.
- Only those proposals using the indicated application form will be considered.
- Each organisation is limited to the submission of one proposal.
- Proposals must be completed in English or French.
For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/CanadainLibya/