Deadline: 4 October 2019
ESCAP seeks to partner and provide grant funding for:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The establishment of a women enterprise impact investment fund.
- To expand an existing impact investment fund to specifically focus on women enterprises in the Asia-Pacific Region.
ESCAP’s call for applications asks applicants to take a gender lens investing approach, meaning investing with the specific intent to create a positive impact on women. The impact investment fund should specifically focus on supporting women enterprises. This can be in the form of investing in enterprises which are majority owned by women (51%), managed by a woman, majority of the board members are women, and/or supporting enterprises which support, empower and develop the capacities of women.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Successful applications will receive:
- Up to US$ 1.3 million in grant funding
- Technical assistance
- Support for applicants requiring regulatory approval
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Targeted Countries for the Impact Investment Fund are:
- It is highly desired that applicants strive to launch the fund in all 6 of the target countries, or in target countries covering all 3 regions. Applicants with investor networks open to investing in one or more of the above six countries, will be prioritized in the selection process.
- While the above countries are the priority target countries, consideration will be given to applications focused on the additional countries below:
- Applications are open to all organizations which hold a not-for-profit status. A proof of the organization’s not-for-profit status will be required as part of the application process.
- Applications are also open to other UN, government and multilateral entities, who have the skills and expertise in developing similar initiatives.
- Other requirements and qualifications
- Previous experience with impact investment funds, in the context of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Have a strong network of investors willing to invest in a women enterprise impact investment fund.
- Existing investor capital or institutional capital to support the initiation of the fund.
- Confirmed human resources to cover all planned/required activities.
- Current presence in the Asia-Pacific region preferred.
- Previous experience in targeted countries preferred.
- Experience working with financial institutions, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, impact investors, donors, guarantee funds and/or stock exchanges.
- Experience working with international organisations and understanding of the challenges of working with them preferred.
- Commitment and ability to provide on-site resources (e.g. staff, consultants) as needed.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit http://bit.ly/2mfYIpk
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.