The Tasmanian Government is inviting applications for the Essential Community Services Fuel Relief Program to provide funding support to assist community organizations with increased transport costs for essential services.
The Fuel Relief Program applies to the costs of both petrol and diesel fuel. Essential Community Services are those deemed to be essential or emergency services provided to people in the community experiencing financial hardship.
The health, safety and wellbeing of Tasmanians is the number one priority. The Tasmanian Government recognizes that fuel prices are presently volatile and subject to rapid change.
The Tasmanian Government has established the Essential Community Services Fuel Relief Program as a relief package for not-for-profit organizations to help ensure essential support services for Tasmanians in need can continue, uninterrupted.
- The total funding pool available for eligible organizations under Round Two of the Program is $135,000; with each eligible organization able to apply for a maximum of $1,000.
- The grant is to be used to reimburse vehicular petrol or diesel fuel costs paid by eligible organizations that provide ‘Essential Community Services’.
- To be eligible for this Program, applicants must be a not-for-profit organization that provides ‘Essential Community Services’ to Tasmanians. Essential Community Services are defined as those essential or emergency services provided to people in the community experiencing financial hardship, such as emergency food relief, community transport and assistance with employment, education and health services. Eligible services are services, without which it would be directly detrimental to a person’s health and wellbeing. Eligible services do not include services for sporting, recreation or general social activities.
- Organizations must also be:
- A registered organization with a valid Australian Business Number (ABN); and
- A not for profit based organization registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC); and
- An incorporated organization or other legal entity.
For more information, visit https://www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/cpp/community-grants/essential-community-services-fuel-relief-program