Deadline: 7 June 2017
The European Union (EU) is seeking proposals for its programme “Union Civil Protection Mechanism” aimed at assessing and improving Union Civil Protection Mechanism response to major emergencies.
The objective of this programme is to improve civil protection preparedness and response to all kinds of disasters, including marine pollution, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear (CBRN) disasters, as well as combined disasters and disasters simultaneously affecting a number of countries (inside or outside the participating states of the Mechanism) by providing a testing environment of established and/or new operational concepts and procedures of the Mechanism and a learning opportunity for all actors involved in civil protection assistance interventions under the Mechanism.
The total budget of EUR 4 900 00 available for the co-financing of exercise projects is divided between:
- Internal budget item: EUR 3 600 000 for exercise projects involving only Participating States.
- External budget item: EUR 1 300 000 for exercise projects with the involvement of at least one or more IPA II beneficiary countries which are not Participating States to the Mechanism or countries under the European Neighbourhood Policy.
The expected results under this programme are:
- Improving the response capacity of Member States, in particular with regard to teams and other assets provided in civil protection assistance interventions.
- Improving and verifying the procedures and establishing a common approach for the coordination of civil protection assistance interventions and reducing the time taken to deploy in major disasters.
- Enhancing cooperation between the civil protection and marine pollution services of the Member States, the Commission and other relevant actors.
- Identifying and sharing lessons learned.
- Testing the implementation of lessons learned.
In order to be eligible for a grant, applicants must:
- Be legal persons.
- Belong to one of the following categories: private entities, public entities, or international organisations
- Be established in one of the 34 European Civil Protection Mechanism Participating States, which are the 28 EU members, Iceland, Norway, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.
- For exercise projects under the External budget item, be established in an eligible third countries which are:
- The IPA II beneficiary countries which are not yet participating states to the Mechanism: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Kosovo
- European Neighbourhood Policy countries (ENP): Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine, Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit EU Action Grants.