Deadline: 23 May 2017
The European Union (EU) is seeking applications for its “Civil Society Organizations and Local Authorities (CSOs-LAs) Thematic Program” to strengthen CSOs and LAs in Uganda and enhance their contribution to development processes as stakeholders in promoting inclusive and sustainable socio-economic development in partnership with the private sector.
The CSOS-LAs programme is an “actor oriented” programme aimed at co-financing “local” initiatives proposed and carried out by CSOs and LAs in the area of sustainable and durable economic development.
- To support CSOs in fostering economic and democratic empowerment of young people and women through sustainable and inclusive green jobs creation.
- To support “Local Authorities” to better respond to local needs and deliver quality services to the people they serve and contribute to an inclusive and low-carbon local economic transformation.
- Lot 1: Economic and democratic empowerment of young people and women through green jobs creation: EUR 1,900,000.
- minimum amount: EUR 350,000
- maximum amount: EUR 550,000
- Lot 2: Local Authorities’ contribution to an inclusive and low-carbon local economic transformation: EUR 2,000,000.
- minimum amount: EUR 300,000
- maximum amount: EUR 500,000
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- be a civil society organisation
- be established in Uganda where the action is taking place or be established in a Member State of the European Union or of the European Economic Area or in a developing country as included in the list of ODA recipients, or in member countries of the EOCD
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.