The European Commission (hereinafter referred to as the European Commission), through its representation in Sweden, is launching a call for proposals to select parties that can act as EUROPA DIRECT offices during the years 2021-2025.
It works continuously and proactively to reach out to people and make them feel more involved in the EU. Through its activities, EUROPA DIRECTLY disseminates information that enables people to make balanced decisions about the future of the EU and to participate fully in the European democratic process.
Moreover, it also listens to people’s expectations and passes them on to the EU institutions and works closely with the Representation of the European Commission and the European Parliament Liaison Offices in each Member State. They also seek cooperation with other EU networks with external activities and local contact points, including relevant local networks (if any), and promote exchanges and coordination between them.
- The total budget allocated for the European Commission co-financing of projects under this call for proposals is EUR 528 000 for the first year of implementation (2021).
- Each individual annual grant amount for 2022-2025 will amount to EUR 45,600.
- Each individual annual grant amount for 2021 will amount to EUR 30,400.
- In addition, an additional one-off grant of EUR 4 800 will be granted in 2021 for those organized by one event for the marketing of EUROPA DIRECT.
- Task 1: Information to and contacts with the public: EUROPA DIRECT addresses the public and disseminates information about the EU through events, workshops, citizen dialogues, etc. or through other forms of collaboration locally or online.
- Task 2: Relations with local media and disseminators: EUROPA DIREKT establishes regular contacts with and strives to enter into stable partnerships with local media and disseminators, for example
- local newspapers and their journalists;
- local television channels and their newsrooms;
- local radio stations and broadcasters;
- social media influencers active in a particular region or engaged in issues considered important for the region,
- bloggers and video bloggers who are active in a particular region or engaged in issues considered important for the region,
- other local disseminators or opinion leaders.
- Task 3: Awareness of sensitive EU issues at the local level: EUROPA DIRECTLY draws the European Commission’s representation to such specific concerns and opinions about EU policies or projects occurring in region/area and which may have a negative impact on public opinion about the EU. This may be distorted or incorrect information about the EU with a specific local angle (ie different from the rest of the country) which gives rise to concerns.
- Task 4: EU in schools: EUROPA DIREKT has contact with schools in area and encourages the use of teaching materials produced by the EU, such as materials available at and the teachers’ corner and on Parliament’s website for education and learning and more official material from the EU institutions.
- Task 5: Promote regional networking of networks: EUROPA DIRETT has a clear overview of which other EU networks are external activities and information located in their region or area and what issues these work with.
Proposals may be submitted by the following applicants:
- Public bodies, such as municipalities or other local/regional levels,
- Private bodies entrusted with the operation of services of general interest,
- Associations/associations of local authorities, non-profit organizations, social partners, educational institutions.
- Natural persons are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/324adS2