Applications Open: 1 July 2016
Deadline: 31 July 2016
The European Outdoor Conservation Association (EOCA) is seeking applications from eligible non-profit organisations from around the world to implement conservation projects with a large element of tree/mangrove planting or regeneration.
The European Outdoor sector will significantly contribute to the conservation of wild places and ecosystems for future generations. The mission of the association is to support valuable conservation work by raising funds from within the European Outdoor sector and promoting care and respect for wild places.
- Protect, enhance or restore threatened key species, habitats or broader ecosystems in ‘wild’ areas
- Consider the needs of the outdoor enthusiast
- Conservation measures addressing specific issues and root causes
- Involvement / engagement of local people
- Education and communication
- Be measurable and time orientated
- Provide a legacy and benefit the livelihoods of local people.
Funding Information: Available grants of up to €30,000 to implement a conservation project
- Non profit organisations can apply to the Association for grants to implement a conservation project in any country around the world except North America (where the Conservation Alliance provides funding for conservation efforts from the North American outdoor industry).
- Projects must protect a threatened species or habitat AND have a link to the outdoor user.
- All projects MUST involve hands-on conservation work.
- Members of the European Outdoor Conservation Association can nominate up to three projects (from different, or the same organisations) each year.
- The projects to successfully win funding will be chosen from the shortlist via a public vote. The public vote is held in conjunction with a range of national magazines throughout Europe.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit European Outdoor Conservation Association.