The Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Grant Funding is a source of financial assistance for non-profit community organizations provided by the Province of Alberta. The funds are to be used to enhance and enrich preventative programs and services within the City of Lloydminster.
Funding Periods: The grant period is January 1 to December 31, 2023. The program must take place and expenditures must occur within this period.
- Services provided under a program must:
- be of a preventive nature that enhances the social well-being of individuals and families through promotion or intervention strategies provided at the earliest opportunity, and
- do one or more of the following:
- help people develop independence, strengthen coping skills and become more resistant to crisis;
- help people develop an awareness of social needs;
- help people develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance constructive relationships among people;
- help people and communities assume responsibility for decisions and actions which affect them; and/or
- provide opportunities for residents to become active participants in the community.
- FCSS grant applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Delivers a clear comprehensive program design (how it will achieve its goals);
- Demonstrates that this program is meeting a community need;
- Program is preventative in nature;
- Demonstrates appropriate use of volunteers;
- Clear identification of proposed program outcome;
- In alignment with FCSS Measures; FCSS Measures Bank and FCSS Children & Youth Measures Bank.
- Provides clear and relevant budget details; and
- Appropriate rationale for funding request (takes into consideration the service elements, number of clients served, and the types of service offered).
For more information, visit https://www.lloydminster.ca/en/business-and-growth/grants-incentives-and-funding-programs.aspx#Family-and-Community-Support-Services-Grant-Funding