Deadline: 7 April 2017
FCS Governance programme is developed in line with the understanding that there is strong and intricate nexus between poverty, inequality and governance. It is thus premised on the fact that, effective public governance on one hand helps to promote economic prosperity and social cohesion; reduce poverty; improve ecological sustainability; and on the other deepens confidence in government
The Foundation for Civil Society (FCS) is an independent Tanzanian not-for-profit development organization that provides grants and capacity building services to Tanzania based Civil Society Organizations (CSOs).
This call for applications is for the medium grants, innovative grant and Strategic grants. The details of each window are described below:-
- Window 1: Medium Grants (up to 100 grants will be issued – Grant size ranges from TZS 50,000,000 for 1 year up to 3 years maximum TZS 360,000,000)
- Window 2: Innovative Grants (Up to 35 grants will be issued. Grant size ranging from TZS 20,000,000 to TZS 49,000,000 for one year only.)
- Window 3: Strategic Grant (up to 8 grants will be issued- Grant size TZS 250,000,000 per year up to 3 years maximum TZS 750,000,000)
- Outcome I: Local Government Authorities (LGAs) deliver improved quality services.
- Outcome II: Decision making and democratic processes better reflecting citizens’ rights especially those of marginalised groups, PWDs and minority and women.
The following institutions are eligible to apply for grants at the Foundation for civil society:
- Non-governmental Organisations (NGO)
- Community Based organization (CBO)
- Professional Associations
- Trade Unions
- Media Organisation
- Faith Based Organization (FBO)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Country: Tanzania
For more information, please visit Foundation for Civil Society.