Deadline: 4 October 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This call for project proposals comes within the new 2019-2022 strategy of the FFEM and is related to the priory thematic on “product life cycle, pollution, and waste”. It pursues the aim of the FFEM of identifying new potentials for innovation to promote the protection of the environment and sustainable development.
The call specifically targets projects addressing the use of chemicals and related pollution (including pesticides, POPs, heavy metals, and short-lived climate pollutants) and/or the prevention and management of hazardous waste and plastics.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
It also targets projects that address emerging issues (chemicals in products, hazardous substance within the life cycle of electrical and electronic products, nanotechnology and manufactured nanomaterials, endocrine-disrupting chemicals, environmentally persistent pharmaceutical pollutants, and perfluorinated chemicals and the transition to safer alternatives).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The call for project proposals is open to legal entities that the FFEM may support within the scope of its mandate, which covers civil society, governments, local communities and authorities, public institutions, research entities, the private sector, foundations, international organizations.
- Eligible countries are those listed as beneficiaries of official development assistance by the OECD DAC , with a priority given to the African Region.
- Multi-country and regional projects are eligible.
- Proposed projects must address one or more of the following agreements: Basel, Bamako, Rotterdam, Stockholm, or Minamata Conventions, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM).
- The call specifically targets projects addressing the use of chemicals and related pollution (including pesticides, POPs, heavy metals, and short-lived climate pollutants) and/or the prevention and management of hazardous waste and plastics.
- It also targets projects that address emerging issues : chemicals in products, hazardous substances in the life cycle of electric and electronic products, nanotechnology and manufactured nanomaterials, endocrine-disrupting chemicals, environmentally persistent pharmaceutical pollutants, and perfluorinated chemicals.
- Projects must propose innovative pilot activities designed to prevent and reduce the impact of these substances on health and the environment. Special attention will be given to the product life cycle approach proposed by the project.
In addition, projects must meet the eligibility criteria of the FFEM, namely:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- contributing to the preservation of the global environmental;
- contributing to local sustainable development in one or more developing countries;
- innovative features;
- demonstrative and replicable nature;
- post-project economic and financial sustainability;
- ecologically and environmentally viable;
- social and cultural acceptability;
- appropriate institutional framework.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.ffem.fr/en/environmentally-sound-management-chemicals-and-hazardous-waste