Deadline: 3 June 2016
Fondation CHANEL is seeking proposals from local, national and regional Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and social businesses with innovative and high-impact gender equality programs focusing on women empowerment.
Created in 2011, Fondation CHANEL works toward improving the social and economic living conditions of women and young girls, regardless of their origins. Its vocation is to promote women’s access to economic resources and entrepreneurship, to education and training, to leadership and decision-making, to health and social protection, as well as sport and culture as important levers for social and economic integration.
- Funding: Foundation accepts long-term programs (2 to 3 years), ranging from 30 000€ to 200 000€ per year.
- Technical Assistance: Successful proposals can also benefit from technical assistance provided by CHANEL employees on their work time, on a diversity of subjects (legal, communication, marketing…).
- Access to economic resources and entrepreneurship: promote access to employment and entrepreneurship as way to reduce discrimination and to foster financial independence.
- Education and training: promote access to education, vocational training, and communication and information technologies as basic requirements to take up a job and to durably improve women’s social and economic situation.
- Leadership and decision-making: strengthen the self-confidence, the capacity for expression and for action of young girls as key success factors and means to promote gender equality.
- Women and girls’ health and social protection: secure access to healthcare and social protection as a crucial prerequisite to autonomy.
- Culture and sports for social inclusion: encourage sport and cultural activities as tools of personal development and levers of social and professional integration.
- Type of organization: non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations, social enterprises, international organization, national or regional funds, association.
- Legal status: must have non for profit legal status with the competent national authority.
- Each organization may only apply once per call;
- Partnership conventions are subject to a mutual agreement limiting external communication and visibility.
- Gender equality focus: the applicant must demonstrate willingness, capacity and/or experience in implementing programs on gender equality and women empowerment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
- Africa: Botswana, Madagascar, South Africa
- Asia and the Pacific: Japan
- Latin America: Brazil, Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Mexico, Panama, Peru
- North America: the United States
- Europe: Belgium, Germany, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom.
For more information, please visit http://projets.fondationchanel.org/en/