Applications are now open for the Foundation for Future London’s Small Grant Scheme to support local organisations and individuals to create new jobs, learning, training, and educational programmes through the means of arts, culture, innovation, public realm and creative place making in Hackney, Newham, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets.
The scheme is part of the Westfield East Bank Creative Futures Fund, an ambitious five-year programme that aims to invest £10 million into the local communities of Newham, Tower Hamlets, Hackney and Waltham Forest.
The scheme will fund projects that focus on one or more of the following funding themes:
- Employment opportunities
- Will your project provide employment opportunities for local people, including access to paid work experience/internships, access to apprenticeships or gaining access to jobs?
- Learning opportunities
- Will your project provide opportunities and/or mobility of progression through learning and training opportunities for local people, including accessing life-long learning opportunities from early learning, schools through to late career and post retirement and/or will the project offer bespoke career and higher education path support, training and secondments?
- Young people
- Will your project have a young person led approach with particular provision for local young people to access broader skills development opportunities, careers workshops and related learning and/or one-to-one coaching and mentoring?
- Business and entrepreneur support
- Will your project provide local people with the opportunity to have business and/or entrepreneur support including freelance, business and entrepreneur set up, development and training?
- They are keen to fund project activity that has origins in:
- They expect to see the following focus:
- Value: up to £15,000 Project
- Duration: 6-12 month projects
- Short Term Outcomes
- Participants gain technical/sector- specific and/or creative skills
- Participants gain essential skills
- Participants grow their networks and awareness of local opportunities
- Participants gain confidence in their potential and self-initiative
- Participants are better equipped to process difficult emotions
- Participants are equipped to act as agent of change in their boroughs
- Organisations and schools are exposed to creative approaches to wellbeing
- Medium/Long Term Outcomes
- Increased employability of participants
- Increased capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship
- Increased diversity in the creative/entrepreneurial sector in the boroughs
- More diverse audiences engage with the cultural sector and benefit from community assets/available services
- Participants act as agents of change within the local community
- Organisations and schools integrate creative approaches within their projects
- Individuals; Schools; not for profit organisations with less than £1.5 million turnover (Local Boroughs (Newham, Hackney, Waltham Forest, Tower Hamlets) and East Bank partners are exempt from turnover).
- Additional Considerations:
- Consideration to a strong youth focus for Future Change Makers
- Consideration for provision of direct training/workshops/bursaries/ travel expenses
- If you are a school applying, you must evidence that the funding applied for will not be for core school day/curriculum activity
- If you are applying for the maximum level of funding, you must evidence why the full amount is needed and where it will be used.
For more information, visit Foundation for Future London.