Deadline: 31 July 2019
This 10 year programme is funded through the generosity of a £4.5m legacy left for CAF to distribute for this purpose. The main aim of the programme is to provide funds to charitable organisations based on small places and services to the heart of their community within the UK.
An example would be a charitable organisation set up by the community in a village, providing services to older people in isolation; a small community group on an estate providing drop in sessions for teenagers etc.
- Grant size between £100 and £5,000.
Areas considered may include:
- Projects with a community led ethos – this may be born from a community challenge or idea and run by members of the local community;
- Organisations that find it difficult to attract mainstream funding;
- Projects demonstrating the organisation is providing something which would not otherwise be available locally;
- Projects demonstrating the organisation is doing great work that they are not recognised for.
What we will not Considered
- Organisations not providing local services for local people;
- Organisations that are regional and national;
- Organisations that are not charitable;
- Organisations based outside the UK and/or delivering outside of the UK;
- Organisations that have an annual income over £100,000;
- Organisations in receipt of a grant from this programme within the last 2 years;
- Political organisations or those promoting one faith/religion;
- Requests for retrospective funding;
- Applications from individuals. (We suggest that you find a few like-minded people and create a group for your project);
- Full cost or contribution towards capital build – although refurbishments may be considered;
- Core costs – these are costs that enable your organisation to function;
- Salaries may be considered in exceptional circumstances;
- Projects whose total project costs exceeds £25,000.
- Applicants must be applying for up to £5,000;
- Applicants must be providing a service to the heart of your community;
- Applicants must be a community charitable organisation whose reach is within a localised catchment area;
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate the need of the project;
- They must have an annual income below £100,000;
- They must have charitable aims and objectives;
- They should operate within the UK;
- complete the project a year from the date of award.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online by registering from the address given in the website.
For more information please visit https://www.cafonline.org/charities/grantmaking/the-caf-tourle-foundation-fund#tab3