Deadline: 6 December 2019
WITH Foundation is seeking applications for its open grant cycle to provide financial support to organizations that promote the establishment of comprehensive healthcare for adults with developmental disabilities that is designed to address their unique and fundamental needs.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
What is a Developmental Disability?
According to the California Department of Developmental Services, the term developmental disability refers to a severe and chronic disability that is attributable to a mental or physical impairment that begins before an individual reaches adulthood. These disabilities include intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism, and disabling conditions closely related to intellectual disability or requiring similar treatment.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
What is ‘Comprehensive healthcare’?
Comprehensive healthcare is healthcare which provides for all patient needs at all stages of life. The goal of this type of healthcare is usually to keep patients fit and healthy, and to encourage people to address medical needs as soon as they arise, rather than waiting for them to become serious. However, it also includes services to treat acute, chronic, and terminal conditions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Grants are typically for one year (and usually between $30,000 and $50,000) but may be as long as three years to support programming that warrants extended funding. After initial approval, all long-term grants are subject to annual review before funds for subsequent years are released.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Areas of Support
Programs that improve delivery of healthcare to adult customers with developmental disabilities and include at least one of the following:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- Improve health practitioner competency through education and/or training programs
- Address the current inadequate reimbursement system
- Advance formal care coordination including the utilization of trained support personnel/caregivers
- Increase public awareness regarding the inadequacies of developmentally disabled care in order to advance systemic change
- National efforts in digital health that support designers and developers to include the perspectives/experiences of the IDD community within the design process, in order to create better technology for all
- Social policy research
- Identify and overcome barriers to high-quality healthcare access
- General operating support is only considered for grantees that have previously utilized their project funding
Areas of Exclusion
- Specific therapies that are provided outside of a formal healthcare setting i.e. physical fitness and/or nutritional programs (“healthy lifestyle programs”)
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapies, equestrian therapy, etc.
- Projects that do not address healthcare delivery
- Funding for political campaigns, candidates, or legislation
- Individuals and/or equipment for individuals
- Organizations or programs that are based and/or provide services to populations outside the United States
- Endowmenats and organizational debt reduction
- Capital campaigns and building related requests
- Direct medical service and filling funding gaps between service costs and insurance reimbursement
- Administrative expenses exceeding 20% of the total funding request
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- All applicants must have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status as a nonprofit organization as defined by the Internal Revenue Service. Proposals must describe an explicit, identifiable need.
- There are no restrictions based upon geography. While applications from the San Francisco Bay Area may be given preferential consideration, applications from other areas in the United States will not be excluded.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://withfoundation.org/current-grant-cycle/