Deadline: 20 October 2019
Centre for Civic Education (CCE/CGO), on behalf of project partners, within the project Regional CSO Activism for Regional Reconciliation in the Former Yugoslavia – in Support of RECOM has announced the third call for proposals to support projects of civil society organisations in North Macedonia and Kosovo.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The overall objective of this Call is to strengthen prospects for regional reconciliation in the Western Balkans by establishing the facts on war crimes and human losses and detention sites related to the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The specific objectives of this project are (1) to facilitate the establishment of a Regional Commission for establishing the facts and identifying the victims of the Yugoslav wars of the 1990; (2) to engage civil society from all post-Yugoslav states in an inclusive and bottom-up reconciliation initiative; (3) to strengthen the impact of CSOs in the decision-making process in the domain of regional cooperation.
By providing needed financial support to the organizations, strengthening their capacities, supporting advocacy and networking, this Call will contribute to the sustainability and improvement of the position of the primary, but not exclusively, small or newly founded civil society organizations dealing with the past issues in North Macedonia and Kosovo.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
They are looking for the small-scale project proposals addressing the topics related to the fight against impunity for war crimes, establishing the truth about war crimes, contributing to culture of remembrance, engaging civil society at large and the broader public in a regional reconciliation and commemoration initiatives, etc. The project proposals have to be rooted in the context and relevant to society.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The overall indicative amount available under this Call is EUR 18, 000.
- Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 3,000
- maximum amount: EUR 4,000
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
The project must take place in one of two countries (Kosovo, North Macedonia).
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of the project implementation may not be lower than 1 month nor exceed 5 months, and the activities can be conducted between 30 October 2019 to 30 March 2020.
- In order to be eligible for sub-granting, applicants must be:
- legal persons;
- nonprofit making;
- civil society organizations;
- nationals of North Macedonia and Kosovo;
- registered in these countries as non-governmental organisation at least twelve months prior to the deadline for submission of project;
- directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with their co-applicant.
- The applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s). Partnerships are not mandatory, but these are allowed and welcomed. Co-applicant(s) must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the applicant.
- Individuals, political parties, international organisations, governmental institutions, religious communities and non-formal organisations are not eligible for this Call.
The action should be oriented around the following fields or themes (non-exhaustive list):
- Support to establishing of RECOM, truth-seeking and reconciliation;
- Establishing the facts on war crimes and human losses and detention sites related to the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s;
- Initiating public debate about the process of reconciliation with the past in these seven countries, in context of dealing with the past in other post-Yugoslav countries;
- Assessment of the Strategy for Investigation of War Crimes and proposals for strengthening the efficiency of the justice system in this regard, enabling better understanding and cooperation between CSOs, judiciary and other relevant public authorities;
- Improving perception and general understanding of importance transitional justice and culture of memory in one or more of the eligible countries;
- Strengthening the education system for innovative teaching on disputed or controversial topics related to transitional justice and intensify public debate;
- Raising awareness in relation to the transitional justice and importance of reconciliation;
- Researches on perceptions and presentation of 90s in post-Yugoslav countries;
- Policy research, gaps and needs analysis on the quality of legal documents and practices;
- Use of lessons learnt and positive examples in truth seeking for advocacy for reconciliation.
The following types of activity may qualify for support under this Call:
(Ad) A massive library of Downloadable Ebooks, covering a range of how-to topics from fundraising, proposal writing, grant listings, donor listings to NGO management. Learn more.
- Topic oriented advocacy actions;
- Public awareness raising campaigns;
- Drafting policy or legislation recommendations, research and analyzes;
- Launching, disseminating and replicating effective civil society models from EU Member States;
- Exchange of know-how and networking;
- Organization of innovative cultural events, performances, exhibitions and competitions;
- Organizing conferences, roundtables, workshops, trainings, seminars, etc.;
- Production and/or publishing of reports, manuals, leaflets, books, web-based material, etc;
- Production of video materials.
The following types of action are ineligible:
- actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, congresses;
- actions solely or mainly with individual scholarships for studies, training courses, study visits or participation in international events;
- actions including market promotion activities;
- Infrastructure projects or projects essentially focused on the purchase of equipment;
- Purchase and / or renovation of buildings or offices;
- Activities undertaken before the signature of the contract;
- Actions aimed at profit making activities;
- Actions related to charitable donations;
- Actions already funded by other EU programmes.
Preference will be given to activities that can achieve concrete and durable results with a real impact, as well as those offering innovative and appealing approaches.
(Ad) How will you feel when you view grants for all countries around the world? fundsforNGOs Premium has a World Map of Grants that offers open and live grants for all the countries in one single view. Click on any country, and you can view the latest grants updated in real-time. Learn more.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) There are so many NGO Jobs, but what about my country and area of work? fundsforNGOs Premium has a "Jobs Database" where you can not only search jobs but also receive job alerts in your email based on your country (or countries) and areas of your profession. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://cgo-cce.org/en/2019/09/20/english-recom-iii-call-for-support-to-cso-projects/#.XY2jyagzbIV