Deadline: 30 September 2022
This initiative will support Indigenous communities and entrepreneurs who are ready to launch agriculture and food systems projects and others who want to build their capacity to participate in the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector.
Types of Eligible Projects
- Projects under the Initiative must be for the benefit of Indigenous Peoples and communities in Canada, as well as the Canadian agriculture and agri-food sector (herein referred to as the “Sector”). Examples of agriculture and food systems projects that may be eligible for funding through the Initiative include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting an approach to producing fresh food within an Indigenous community, and helping to plan and design the means in which that agricultural production can occur.
- Developing a food system within an Indigenous community to access healthy food, while also providing an opportunity for Indigenous Peoples to share their agricultural knowledge and experiences, and market and sell their agriculture products.
- Providing skills training that will help an Indigenous community or organization establish or scale up an agriculture operation.
Eligible applicants under this Initiative include:
- Indigenous communities and governments (includes band and tribal councils, governments of self-governing First Nations, local governments of Inuit communities and Métis organizations).
- Indigenous for-profit and not-for-profit corporations, associations, cooperatives and institutions.
- Indigenous businesses, partnerships and joint ventures.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.agr.gc.ca/eng/programs-and-services/indigenous-agriculture-and-food-systems-initiative/?id=1542835055742