Deadline: 31 May 2020
The Embassy of Japan in Cameroon is currently accepting applications for its Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP) to organized groups in order to help them carry out projects at grassroots level.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Founded in 1993, this grant has contributed to the development and improvement of the livelihoods of less privileged people.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The maximum amount of the grant is about 50,000,000 FCFA for each project. (It may change depending on the fiscal year budget.)
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Local and International NGOs
- Professional, health, or educational training centers
- CIGs (Common Initiative Groups), CBOs (Community Based Organizations) and local development committees
- Educational or health institutes
- Local authorities
NB: Non-profit organizations are eligible except central governments or UN organizations.
Prerequisites for Organizations
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The organization should be officially registered by relevant authorities.
- The organization should have been active in its domain for at least two (2) years.
- The organization should have an accessible Head Office and project site.
- The organization should have good records of previous projects.
- The organizations should have good financial records and record keeping system.
- Project for construction, rehabilitation, equipment.
- Projects for Socio-economic development, in Education (schools), Health (hospitals), professional training (vocational training centres), transport (small bridges), Water (wells, water supply), economic (small industry for local income), agriculture (strage magazine).
- Projects for improvement of livelihoods at grassroots level.
- Projects in favor of the less privileged.
- Projects that can be implemented within 12 months maximum.
Projects not funded
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- exclusive for religious or political purposes
- related to the powers of the State
- for only cultural, artistic or sports activities
- for commercial activities
- for professional researches
- for military purposes
NB: Profit-making projects are not eligible.
Articles not funded
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- Administrative costs (e.g. salaries, utility costs, rents, advert, transportation, operational cost)
- Upkeep costs (e.g. maintenance costs,purchase of replacement products)
- Land Purchase
- Tax and Bank fees (e.g. customs, commissions, registration fees, value-added tax (VAT), management permit fees)
- Personal assistance (e.g. scholarship, training, internship, school fees, research, items which can be personal belongings such as clothes or stationeries)
- Consumable/Disposable products (e.g. food, stationery, seeds, livestock)
- Items which are difficult to be followed-up (e.g. Electronic devices such as personal computers, its renewal fees, books, vaccines)
NB: GGP funds only for tangible and traceable items.
The Embassy will assess all the submitted applications based on:
- Credibility of the Organization
- Legal Status of the Organization (Registration Certificate needed)
- Financial Status of the Organization (Recent Bank Statement)
- Project Management Capacity of the Organization
- Community Participation and Contribution towards the Proposed Project
- Sustainability and Ownership by the Beneficial Community
- Impact of the Project for the Beneficiaries
- The Quality of the Proposal submitted in terms of Neatness, Focus, and Attachment of Verified documents e.g. Photos, Bank Statements and Certificates
For more information, visit https://www.cmr.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/economic_cooperation-en.html