The projects must be in line with New Zealand Aid Programme’s mission of Sustainable development in developing countries, in order to reduce poverty and contribute to a more secure, equitable and prosperous world.
- The maximum application fund for each project is USD5,000.
- No individual project will be supported for longer than two years. Supporting different projects by the same partner over a longer duration is possible.
- The Fund is aimed primarily at community groups and NGOs but other types of organisations e.g. schools, business associations may apply.
What will not be Funded?
- political, religious or evangelical activities N.B. faith-based groups are not excluded where the proposed project is consistent with the purpose of the Fund, does not exclude followers of other religions, and the funds are not used to support proselytising
- site visits
- unsolicited donations
- individual student scholarships
- international airfares/overseas conference attendance
- on-going (recurrent) funding of recipients’ operational/organisational costs such as wages and salaries, office items and communications
For more information, visit New Zealand Embassy in China.