The Initiative Sankofa d’Afrique de l’Ouest’s (ISDAO) is offering flexible grants to support the overall coordination, operations, and strengthening of groups, organizations, or networks.
ISDAO stand for the following values:
- Equitable representation of the LGBTQI community.
- Building and strengthening ideologically principled movements, based on a recognition of unequal power relations.
- Autonomy, inclusion, diversity, and intersectionality, allowing for self-determination at all levels.
The grant can be used to support initiatives such as organization development (registration fees, drafting of standard and strategic documents, staff recruitment, etc.), advocacy, capacity building, membership meetings, networking events, participation in strategic conferences, programs, projects and any other areas of interest contributing to a West Africa free of violence, stigma and discrimination towards LGBTQI communities.
- Budget between $5,000 and $20,000 per year
- 6 months (minimum) to 24 months (maximum)
- ISDAO grants are currently awarded to organizations, networks and groups that:
- Are led by lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, intersex and trans (LGBTQI) people. ISDAO considers a group to be “LGBTQI-led” when LGBTQI people are in decision-making positions, including setting the organization’s strategic and financial priorities and representing at least 75% of staff, spokespersons, and board members or other decision-making bodies;
- Are based in at least one of the current ISDAO focal countries, namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal or Togo.
- Are dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQI people at the local, state or national level.
- Are committed to engaging and strengthening the movement to promote the human rights and inclusion of LGBTQI people.
- Are open to collaborating with other LGBTQI organizations and allies and willing to share their experiences to strengthen the LGBTQI rights movement.
For more information, visit ISDAO.