The Hertfordshire Community Foundation is seeking applications for Grants of up to £5,000 to promote the health and wellbeing of older people in Bushey and the surrounding areas.
The HCF Large grants invite applications from projects that are addressing identified need within Hertfordshire. Successful applications from this programme are funded by a range of the individual, family and corporate funds managed by HCF. All of the available funds are focused on tackling identified need in Hertfordshire.
Grants Available: Up to £5,000
HCF is looking for projects that:
- Are meeting an identified need in the county – they encourage groups to reference evidence where available. They encourage applicants to reference their own Hertfordshire Matters reports or other relevant research or data where appropriate.
- Can demonstrate how the money requested will help them to make a positive difference (i.e. have clear objectives and outcomes)
- Are well thought through and costed appropriately · Are well connected to the communities they serve
- Will be able to spend the funding requested within 12 months of the grant being awarded
Who can apply?
In order to apply to the HCF Large Grants, your organization must fulfill the below criteria:
- The group must be a not for profit, charity, community or voluntary group with a written constitution or governing document
- The governing document must include the groups aims or purpose, objectives and a dissolution clause or asset lock which states what would happen to any funds should the group have to close.
- The group must be governed by a voluntary trustee or management committee with a minimum of three members, at least two of whom must be unrelated.
- The group must have a bank account in its own name, with at least two unrelated signatories
- The group must have all the relevant policies in place for its work, including Equality, Diversity and Safeguarding.
- The group must be working to meet the needs of the local community in Hertfordshire
- The group must be based in Hertfordshire, or be able to show specifically how the funding they are applying for will benefit people in the county.
Applications are welcome from charities, community and voluntary groups and not for profits of all sizes. However, priority will still be given to smaller, local groups with an in depth knowledge of the issues they are dealing with and the communities they serve.
For more information, visit https://www.hertscf.org.uk/busheyseniors