Deadline: 20 August 2019
The Innovation Fund Denmark (IFD) is currently accepting applications for its “Open Call 2019” under its program “Grand Solutions”.
IFD’s objective within the “open call” is to invest in projects with the brilliant idea with great potential for value creation and to strengthen unusual and value-creating research and innovation projects – regardless professional disciplines, themes and not limited by past or present theme specific Grand Solutions calls.
- IFD invests in projects at all stages of the research and innovation value chain. Thus, IFD invests in both the good project that lacks the final steps to make it ready for successful introduction to the market or for implementation and in the early strategic research project where targeted efforts and cooperation with the most competent international and/or Danish partners from relevant professional disciplines are crucial.
- IFD’s investments often do not take a project all the way through the value chain. Therefore, it is crucial that the project partners themselves have the ability to lift the result onto the market or ensure implementation – or have investors who can invest in or take over the project after IFD’s investment period.
Budget and Duration
- 2019 budget: approx. DKK 150 mill.
- Typical duration 2-5 years
The overall assessment criteria are:
- Excellence – Quality of research and innovation
- Value creation during and after the project period
- Efficiency of project execution
- Implementation of results
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via given website.
For more information, please visit https://innovationsfonden.dk/en/programmes/grand-solutions/open-call