Deadline: 27 April 2017
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is seeking applications for its program “Improving Lives Grant” recognizing the 10 most inspiring and creative initiatives that primarily address the needs of the Latin American and/or Caribbean communities located in the Washington DC metropolitan area (WDC).
IDB’s Community Relations Program seeks to improve the Latin American and Caribbean communities’ lives in the WDC area by supporting our local nonprofit organizations through corporate philanthropy, volunteerism, in-kind donations and fundraising campaigns.
The Inter-American Development Bank will award 10 nonprofit organizations with grants of up to US $25,000.00 each.
- All Proposals shall direct their services primarily to the neediest segments of the Latin American and/or Caribbean communities in the WDC area, and shall have a creative and/or innovative approach to an identified challenge and/or need of said communities.
- Participating organizations must be:
- classified as nonprofit organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c)(3) or Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
- registered and operating within the WDC area
- with at least 3 years of legal existence
- Individuals who have close family members employed by the IDB are ineligible to apply. This restriction applies to the spouse, to relatives up to the fourth degree of relationship by blood (consanguinity) and by adoption, and up to the second degree of relationship by marriage (affinity).
- The five (5) selected organizations from last year’s competition (i.e. Improving Lives Grant 2016) are ineligible to participate in this year’s edition of the Competition.
- Grants not supported:
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.