Deadline: 4 June 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic is a global crisis, affecting human health as well as economies and societies worldwide. TWAS and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) are offering a competitive grant for research collaboration.
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and TWAS have partnered to promote and support quick-response research on key challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the possible consequences. The IsDB-TWAS Joint Research & Technology Transfer Grant programme is fully funded by the IsDB and established to develop collaboration between researchers of IsDB member countries.
Under this programme, qualified researchers from 57 IsDB countries are invited to form a joint research collaboration consisting of two groups from different countries working on areas related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- The programme will choose one joint- project per year.
- The grant amounts to a maximum of USD 50,000 per research group – USD 100,000 total for the join-project.
- Grants will enable the collaborating groups to purchase the research equipment and strengthen the facilities they need to enhance their partnership and productivity and to support the mobility of scientists between the participating institutions for training purposes. Partners should ensure, through the grant, that enough consumable supplies are available during such visits.
- The IsDB-TWAS Joint Research & Technology Transfer Grant will be awarded to the project which demonstrates the best potential to advance knowledge and help address the challenges created by the coronavirus and future pandemics.
- A grant may be used to purchase scientific equipment and consumables and support the travel and remote working of scientists between the two participating institutions. The grant may also cover, where justified, expenses related to field work. The grant does not cover salaries of researchers and/or students. In addition, the purchase of laptop computers and laboratory animals are not supported.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Examples of specific themes include, but are not limited to:
- Epidemiology of COVID-19
- Dealing with consequences of COVID-19
- Regional studies of COVID-19 infection
- Identification of possible sources of viruses: prevention of new zoonotic diseases
- HIV, SARS, MERS, COVID-19: lessons to learn on infections arising through species jump
- Evolution of viral disease: from animal to human and mutations of human strains
- Developing an emergency R&D response to any emerging infectious disease
- Discovery and development of diagnostics and therapeutics in viral outbreaks
- Dealing with viral infections: real-time data collection of the spread and preparation for future outbreaks
- Remote diagnosis and treatment
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Technologists and researchers from IsDB Member Countries are invited to submit research and innovation proposals that can help address challenges directly and indirectly related to COVID-19.
- Each Principle Investigator (PI) must be a national of an IsDB member country and hold a PhD with good research experience and lead each research group. (Note: The PI will be responsible for the coordination of the research, submission of requested documentation and reporting of the expenses. All TWAS correspondence will be with each PI).
- One PI MUST be from an IsDB Least Developed Member Country and the other from any of the eligible IsDB member countries.
- Each member of the group should operate in a university or research institution in one of theIsDB member countries and should be represented in the proposal by a PI. No age limit is applied to the applicant.
- Applications from women scientists are especially encouraged.
- Individual young scientists or leaders of research units currently holding a TWAS Research Grant in the Basic Sciences are not eligible.
For more information, visit https://twas.org/opportunity/isdb-twas-joint-research-technology-transfer-grant-2020-quick-response-research-covid-19
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.