Deadline: 16 May 2017
Applications are currently open for the IWMF’s Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories, sponsored by The Secular Society, a funding initiative supporting journalism produced by and about women.
In an era of increased globalization, the need for varied coverage of gendered topics is critical to a free and representative press. These grants will be a catalyst for reporting on untold stories surrounding issues that impact women and girls’ daily lives worldwide.
Awards and Benefits
- These grants provide opportunities for women journalists to pursue international stories of importance through gender-sensitive coverage of underreported topics.
- Grants will average $5,000 USD.
- Grants will be awarded to cover reporting-related costs including travel (flights, ground transportation, drivers), logistics, visa fees, and payment for fixers/translators.
- Women journalists from anywhere in the worlds are eligible to apply.
- Professional Journalism must be the applicant’s primary profession.
- Applicants must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Reporting Grants for Women’s Stories 2017.