Deadline: 31 July 2020
PAS Tokyo invites Statement of Interest (SOI) for projects that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Japan through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Examples of PAS Small Grants Program projects include, but are not limited to:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars and speaker programs;
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances and exhibitions; or
- Professional and academic exchanges and projects
Priority Program Areas
- U.S. – JAPAN BILATERAL RELATIONSHIP
- Programs that seek to explain U.S. policies, culture, and values to Japanese audiences, resulting in a positive impact on the bilateral relationship.
- REGIONAL SECURITY
- Programs that address issues of regional security, non-proliferation, and countering violent extremism, as well as exchanges that promote multilateral cooperation and enhance stability in the Asia-Pacific region.
- ECONOMIC GROWTH
- Programs related to bilateral trade, investment, economic integration, entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property rights, and women’s empowerment.
- SOCIAL ISSUES
- Programs that seek to promote a better understanding of human rights and diversity and inclusion.
- ENGLISH TEACHING
- Programs related to promoting study in the United States, the internationalization of Japanese universities, and/or capacity the building of linkages between American and Japanese institutions of higher learning.
Participants and Audiences
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
PAS will only consider grants that are geared to Japanese audiences.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $200,000
- Award Ceiling: $100,000
- Award Floor: $1,000
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Japan:
- The following types of projects are not eligible for funding:
- Projects relating to partisan political activity;
- Charitable or development activities;
- Construction projects;
- Projects that support specific religious activities;
- Fund-raising campaigns;
- Lobbying for specific legislation or projects
- Scientific research;
- Projects intended primarily for the growth or institutional development of the organization; or
- Projects seeking funds for personal use
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=321113
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.