Deadline: 30 August 2019
United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) is currently accepting proposals for its Confidence-Building Project (CBP) 2019-20.
Proposals are invited for small-scale, low cost, rapidly implementable projects, of benefit to the people of Kosovo, developed and implemented in a participatory manner, which seek to promote trust-building, reconciliation and inter-ethnic cooperation in ethnically mixed areas and among the different communities living in Kosovo and facilitate integration and cooperation among communities.
Projects should promote:
- inter-municipal and inter-ethnic cooperation;
- the provision of basic services at the community level to stimulate cooperation and reconciliation between communities; or
- the resolution of economic, social, cultural or environmental issues at the local level.
The common thread that all projects must have is an element of inter-community cooperation. UNMIK encourages proposals that seek to address the recommendations of the United Nations Kosovo Trust-Building Forum.
Submitted projects should not exceed USD 25,000 in value.
Submitting entities must:
- Be reputable not-for-profit organization including local NGOs (including local branches of international NGOS), local authorities and government institutions. For-profit organizations and private companies cannot submit CBP proposals;
- Be legally recognized and registered with the relevant Kosovo authorities and have qualified personnel including a physical address, email and telephone contact that can be verified;
- Demonstrate transparency, accountability and efficiency in the use of resources;
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with UN standards of conduct with respect to the prohibition of sexual exploitation and abuse;
- Have an account with a reputable banking institution.
Proven competencies demonstrated by previous, successful project/programme implementations will be an asset.
Applications shall comply with the following requirements:
- They must be submitted in English using the application form provided on the website. All sub-sections of the form must be filled, and all questions answered.
- The application form shall be accompanied by a detailed budget. A budget template is provided on the web site. Proposals must not exceed USD 25,000.
- Projects shall be implementable within 6 months.
- Projects may take a variety of forms, including limited infrastructure-related projects, the provision of equipment, short-term employment-generating activities to empower communities, non-recurrent training activities, awareness creation on human rights, gender, and youth issues to enhance inter-ethnic trust-building and cooperation; the holding of confidence-building or similar fora, and so on.
- Proposals that can point to co-funding or otherwise show their sustainability beyond the initial UNMIK funding will be considered favourably.
How to Apply
Proposals must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://unmik.unmissions.org/confidence-building-projects