The Legacy Youth Alliance (LYA) is seeking innovative projects that are youth-led or youth focused and are responsive to the needs of Wapello County youth.
LYA gives higher priority to programs/projects that focus on the following:
- Education, particularly early childhood or secondary/post-secondary education attainment
- Physical, social and/or mental health
- In reviewing grant applications, LYA gives careful consideration to:
- Alignment of project/program with funding priorities
- Level of community impact
- Demonstration of collaboration, partnerships and non-duplicative services
- Leveraging of other funding sources
- $10,000 to be awarded per grant cycle; single year grants only with requests not to exceed $2,500.
Grant Award Requirements
- Grant recipients will be required to sign a grant agreement before funds will be distributed.
- Grantees are required to file a final report at the end of their project or within 12 months of grant award. Failure to submit a final report will negatively affect the sponsoring organization’s ability to receive future grants from the foundation.
- Legacy Youth Alliance members may request a site visit to learn more about your project or program.
Sponsoring organization or qualified fiscal sponsor is ultimately responsible for the grant funds and for ensuring the project is successfully implemented as stated in the grant application and per the grant agreement.
If awarded a grant, the sponsoring organization will receive the grant check, sign the grant agreement, and be responsible for working with the applying organization to disperse the funds appropriately.
- The applying organization must be an IRS 501(c)(3) not for profit providing services in Wapello County.
- Eligible projects must be a primarily youth-led organization and/or providing services to youth.
- Priority will be given to programs and projects most likely to have a positive impact on area youth.
- If the applicant does not have nonprofit status they may use a qualifying fiscal sponsor.
For more information, visit https://www.ottumwalegacy.org/for-grantees-scholars/legacy-youth-alliance/applying-legacy-youth-alliance-grant/