Projects may aim to benefit the lesbian community in general or one or more groups within the lesbian community. Groups may be racial, cultural, geographic, or may have specific identified needs or shared interests and concerns. LInc considers the children of lesbians as part of the lesbian community.
To be eligible for funding, projects must demonstrate that they:
- meet an identified social, cultural, educational, health, welfare, recreational, personal development or legal need of the lesbian community;
- target discrimination against lesbians and/or aim to improve the civil rights and/or status of lesbians within the general community;
- aim to improve the access of lesbians to programs, services, activities and opportunities available to the general community;
- aim to increase the vocational training and/or employment opportunities of lesbians.
- Lesbians Incorporated has established a Community Grants Program to give out $10,000 in grants.
- Grants are available for up to $1000 per successful application.
Eligible projects are those which reflect the objectives of the Community Grants Program and fall within a category appropriate to the funding program. Categories are:
- Literary, visual or performing arts activities or functions
- Social functions
- Classes or workshops
- Production of information or resources for educational or promotional purposes
- Support groups or services
- Advisory services
- Sporting and recreational activities or functions
- Other appropriate activities or services approved by LInc
Use of Funds
- Grant funds may be used for purposes such as:
- the purchase of relevant materials, resources or equipment
- hiring charges including hire of a venue
- printing or advertising costs
- transport costs
- fees charged for relevant services
- administrative costs (eg postage, photocopying)
- other appropriate purposes approved by LInc
- Funds will generally not be provided for the payment of wages to individuals or organisations.
- Decisions on funding applications will be made by the LINC Committee. Applicants who are unsuccessful may re-submit their proposal to future funding rounds.
Who may apply?
- Individual lesbians or lesbian-based/lesbian-friendly non-profit organisations from throughout Australia are eligible to apply for funds. Applicants will need to demonstrate expertise or experience relevant to the project.
- Lesbians Inc, grants are not available to assist businesses. If you are a Sole trader/business and have an idea for a project, you may apply as long as the project shows a clear benefit to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Current members of the LInc Committee are ineligible for this program.
- Funds available under the Community Grants Program are limited. This means that not all applications for funding will be successful. Priority in funding will be given to projects which:
- clearly demonstrate how the project meets one or more of the program objectives
- have the potential for a range of positive outcomes for lesbians
- will benefit a wide range of lesbians or a specific population group of the lesbian community
- are likely to be successfully implemented
- make effective use of grant funds
- Applications are particularly encouraged from lesbians who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, lesbians with disabilities, lesbians from non-English speaking backgrounds and lesbians in non-metropolitan communities.
For more information, visit Lesbian Incorporated (LInc).