The Sussex Community Foundation is seeking applications for its Little Cheyne Court Wind Farm Fund to support charities and community groups based within a ten-kilometre radius of the wind farm, which lies seven miles east of Lydd on Romney Marsh, and undertaking environmental, educational, community and charitable activities.
This grant scheme has been made available by Little Cheyne Court Wind Farm Ltd, operated by RWE. The community foundations in Kent and Sussex are coordinating the grant scheme.
What can a grant be used for?
A grant of up to £5,000 may be used to support a one-off activity, ongoing activities or for minor capital expenditure e.g.
- to purchase equipment
- to produce publicity material
- towards or run a pilot project
- to assist with running costs
- minor capital works
Local community organisations and voluntary groups, including social enterprises, based within a ten-kilometre radius of the site that are undertaking environmental, educational, community and charitable activities. All applicant organisations must:
- Have a bank account requiring two signatures to make withdrawals
- Be properly constituted
- Be not-for-profit or a social enterprise/community business
- Applicants must be able to provide copies of their constitution and latest audited annual accounts or reports.
Grants will not be awarded to:
- Statutory or public services
- Organisations that have large reserves that are not designated for a specific purpose
- Organisations that do not operate or run activities within the area of benefit
- Groups not properly constituted
For more information, visit https://sussexgiving.org.uk/apply-for-grants/how-it-works/