Deadline: 31 October 2019
The Macpac is seeking applications for its “Fund for Good” which is their way of giving back and helping those committed to creating long-term change for the good of their people and planet.
Here at Macpac, their team is passionate about protecting the environment and its wildlife, having a lasting positive impact on people’s lives through the outdoors, and supporting the communities connected with them.
- Adventure-Based Social Development: They believe that time spent outside is simply better for all of us. They have seen first-hand the amazing positive outcomes that can be achieved through time in the wilderness, for those who wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity to get out there and experience true adventure for themselves. So they support those using the outdoors as a vehicle to help others. These community organisations run programs designed to rehabilitate, reform, or generally improve lives through experiences in the outdoors. They think the work they do for others is pretty incredible.
- Environmental Projects: They are completely in love with the outdoors… completely and utterly. It’s vitally important to all of us at Macpac to play their part in preserving wilderness, and its wildlife, for generations to come. They recognise the impact that simply doing business can have on the precious planet – so they are constantly working to reduce their own environmental footprint. They use the Macpac Fund for Good to support projects working hard to preserve their natural environment, restore and protect habitats, and to look after the creatures that call them home. Wherever they can, do their bit to ensure all continue to enjoy them for many years to come.
- Ethical Manufacturing: For us, sustainability begins with quality products that last. To meet their high standards, factories are carefully selected for their ethical practices as well as their quality and commitment to innovation. Their workers are highly skilled and dedicated to their craft – every day they work tirelessly to create and assemble high quality goods that will travel the world, and last a lifetime. Often this means travelling and living away from their families, or relocating whole families to follow a work opportunity. Without them they wouldn’t have products to bring to applicants, so they want to make sure they know how much they’re appreciated. The creature comforts which they so often take for granted can really make a difference in their day-to-day lives, so they take a small portion of theirMacpac Fund for Good funding, to give back to the talented people who make the products they love.
They don’t give large grants to just a few causes, they want to be able to make even a small difference to as many organisations as they reasonably can. So instead they award modest contributions of between $2,000-10,000 to those organisations who align with their ideals.
- If applicants are part of a not-for-profit organisation working on environmental and social causes related to the outdoors, then applicants may be eligible for a Macpac Fund for Good grant.
- Applicant’s activities need to be based in New Zealand or Australia, or their territories.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.macpac.co.nz/fund-for-good.html