Presidency Alumni Association Calcutta invites applications for its maiden grant for social sector interventions.
- Scaling / Extension / Replication of activities running for at least 1 year.
- Although the Grant will consider supporting interventions across all development sectors, it will prioritize the following:
- Water & Sanitation
- College Street Ecosystem – for interventions in sectors not included above, it must benefit target populations directly or indirectly by creating or improving the environment that supports improvements in the lives of the target population within 1 km radius of Presidency University.
- The project location MUST be at or near Kolkata, allowing for daily commute to project site. For example, many areas of Sundarbans fall in that category but some areas do not.
- The Association may invest in one or several projects at different stages of development OR not invest at all if none of the applications satisfy the evaluation standard of the Association, or for any other reason. The decision of the Association will be final in this regard. The Association may fund the grants entirely from its resources or partner with any other entity.
- Grant amount: Rs. 25,000 – Rs. 500,000 depending on project stage, merit and needs. Grantee will receive the grant amount in installments on achieving milestones of progress.
- Support period: The winning project(s) may be supported over a period of maximum 3 years, with necessary adjustments suiting specific project demand.
- Networking Opportunity: Access to Presidency Global Alumni Network.
- Please apply only if you are registered as a non-profit or a for-profit social enterprise (company or LLP). Applications from individuals are outside the scope of this process.
- Applicant must be operational for minimum three consecutive years including FY 2022 complying all statutory norms as on date of submission. Completely new projects are out of the scope of this process.
Applications will be assessed on following key elements of the intervention:
- Social Impact
- Project Plan
- Project Cost
For more information, visit https://www.facebook.com/presialumni/photos/a.2289742554591808/3473400509559334