It recognises the role that outstanding public art projects play in enhancing South Australia’s reputation as a centre of arts excellence.
Projects in the public realm may be functional or non-functional, permanent or temporary. They may be undertaken through a collaborative approach between artists and other design professionals or may be realised with the involvement of community members, either through consultation or participation.
Funding can be sought for every stage of project development, including further concept and design development, implementation, fabrication, installation and documentation costs. Projects must be presented in high-profile, publicly accessible locations throughout South Australia.
- Grant amount: $100,000
- Funded activity commencement date: 8 January 2024
- Eligible Funding
- Artist fees
- Costs directly arising from the involvement of the artist/s, creatives and professionals in the development, fabrication, installation and realisation of the public art commission
- Ineligible Funding
- Projects without a public art outcome or presentation
- Local government
- State Government Departments and Agencies and Statutory Authorities
- Funded organisations: small-to-medium organisations, major organisations
- Organisations funded through the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework (NPAPF) formerly known as Major Performing Arts (MPA) Companies
- Community groups
- Please Note: the private sector is eligible for financial assistance only when in partnership with an eligible applicant, but not directly. The private sector may obtain advice on the commissioning of public art works.
- Who is ineligible
For more information, visit Government of South Australia.