Are you a registered environmental voluntary organisation working at the grassroots to protect, promote, and regenerate Malta’s nature? The Malta Environment Foundation would like to invite you to MEF’s second call for grant proposals.
The Malta Environment Foundation (MEF) aims to support local environmental initiatives and nurture a sustainable, resilient future for Malta’s wildlife and community by:
- Channelling new sources of funding from philanthropy and the private sector, directing resources to existing environmental initiatives that strive to safeguard nature.
- Working directly with these initiatives to gain a comprehensive understanding of the underlying causes of environmental degradation in Malta and develop meaningful partnerships that aim to tackle these challenges.
- Fostering a supportive community within Malta’s environmental sector, promoting intersectionality, collaboration, and co-creation.
MEF’s Mission Approach
- Innovative and Creative Approaches to Environmental Challenges
- Space for Nature to Thrive
- Community Agency & Action
- Grant proposals are welcome for amounts of up to €10,000, noting that they prefer not to deliver microgrants of less than €1,000.
- Organisations registered with the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations are encouraged to submit no more than one application. Priority will be given to grassroots NGOs who have not received funding from MEF before.
- Interested organisations are highly encouraged to send a short expression of interest to MEF before submitting their proposals.
For more information, visit Malta Environment Foundation.