Deadline: 16 November 2018
The Minor Foundation for Major Challenges (MFMC) is inviting applications from all over the world to fund communication projects which mitigate anthropogenic climate change.
MFMC shall support the development of innovative communication strategies that engage people, and that facilitate the transition necessary to prevent dangerous climate changes.
- Promote efforts to protect the natural environment, primarily through the support of national and international projects.
- Prevent or limit man-made global climate changes.
- Focus on influencing public opinion, providing inspiration, changing attitudes, spreading information, etc., all meant to have an impact on decision-makers in society. Their ultimate goal is to reach as many people as possible in the hope of limiting and helping to prevent global climate changes.
- Support efforts which are innovative, experimental and untested, and will prioritise means and measures which are likely to have the strongest possible impact at any given time.
- Concentrate efforts on projects which might otherwise be difficult to put into effect, and intends to support venturesome projects that can, if successful, yield great results. Given the choice between many small projects and a few larger projects, the Foundation will generally select the larger ones.
- Support communication that creates change.
- Prioritise politically oriented communication.
- Support new voices, actors and narratives in the climate debate, and value diversity.
- Innovative messages and strategies are more important than the innovative use of channels and media.
- Support experienced organisations and networks.
- The foundation welcomes applications from all over the world.
- Projects that through the use of communication help reduce mankind’s emissions of greenhouse gases, are welcome to apply for financial support.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, visit http://www.minor-foundation.no/apply-for-a-grant