Deadline: 27 April 2020
With the COVID-19 crisis severely impacting the educational space, the Michelson 20MM Foundation has launched a new round of the Spark Grant program.
The vision for the Spark Grant Program is to introduce an innovative just-in-time grantmaking process to fill urgent needs for education organizations that are well-aligned with the Foundation’s key target outcomes. The Foundation seeks to fund highly impactful initiatives that would not be possible if they needed to wait through a traditional grant decision timeline.
Key Target Outcomes
- Increase access to and efficiency of emergency student aid programs.
- Decrease the “digital divide” through ensuring students, faculty, and nonprofits have access to devices, high-speed internet, technology solutions, and IT support.
- Accelerate the growth and shift to online and remote education via support for students and faculty.
- Grant ask is up to $25,000.
- Priority will be given to proposals that have the ability to be impactful in a post-coronavirus world.
- Preference will be given to grants that cover a specific self-contained milestone focus such as inflection points, things that may open up a new foothold with a partner (i.e. enabling a new partnership with a market leader), new proof of concept.
- Examples of funding restrictions: general operating expenses (rent, utilities, server costs, etc.), general working capital.
The Spark Grant program is available to non-profit institutions doing work in the United States.
For more information, visit https://20mm.org/spark-grants/