The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), in partnership with the NGO ‘Business Community Club Ukraine,’ has launched a new micro-grants programme for relocated businesses in the Lviv region, one of the key hosting regions for entrepreneurs leaving conflict-affected areas elsewhere in the country. Most of them face three main challenges: displacement, loss of assets and need for integration into the local entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The micro-grants programme in the Lviv region is being implemented within the ‘Support to Entrepreneurs and Livelihoods’ UNDP project in cooperation with the Lviv Regional Civil-Military Administration and the Lviv City Council. The initiative supports the relocation of enterprises from the eastern, southern and central regions of Ukraine and their ensuing integration into the local business community.
Currently, both city and regional administrations in the Lviv region are actively structuring economic support and recovery interventions, focusing on supporting local businesses and those looking to relocate in the region. The programme envisages participation of 20 micro and/or small enterprises that have relocated or are in the process of moving to Lviv or the Lviv region.
- The amount of the grant is up to $4,000 at the UN exchange rate (as of August 15, 2022: $4,000, UAH 37 = UAH 148,000).
- A total of 20 grants worth up to $80,000.
- The amount of the grant may be adjusted by the grant commission or UNDP according to the expediency of financing the declared articles or available resources.
The Grant can be used for:
- Purchase of equipment and tools;
- Purchase of office equipment and furniture;
- Rent for premises (up to 1.5 months and up to 25% of the grant);
- Other expenses related to the restoring of business activities (up to 5% of the grant).
For micro- and small-sized business entities (legal entities: private enterprises (PE) or limited liability companies) that have moved or are in the process of moving to Lviv or the Lviv region.
- Available official registration (legal entity: limited liability company, private enterprise) for more than 18 months;
- Business relocated or in the process of relocation from the following regions: Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhya, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kyiv;
- Business, the activity of which is carried out or planned in Lviv or the Lviv region;
- The business is active or temporarily suspended for relocation;
- Micro or small business (up to 50 employees).
For more information, visit https://www.undp.org/ukraine/press-releases/micro-grants-now-available-ukrainian-businesses-relocated-lviv-region